We are looking for someone to lead our team at the Seed Co-operative, to provide sickness cover. This may lead to a longer-term position. You will need to be on site in Gosberton, Spalding, Lincolnshire at least fifty percent of the time.
You will be leading a small team on site, and supporting them in their varied roles including growing and processing seeds, running our online shop, keeping our base of supporters and members connected, and developing all aspects on the business, including sales, marketing, and on-site projects. You will report to the Board of Directors. Duties include:
- managing, supporting, recruiting and training staff
- financial management and reporting
- day to day business management and oversight
- embedding a co-operative and supportive culture
- strategic planning
- responsibility for health and safety on site
You should have:
- experience of leading and inspiring others
- knowledge of management structures and processes
- strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- the ability to foster and promote a collaborative team environment
- experience of setting and managing budgets
- experience of delivering results
- a commitment to the strategic objectives of the Cooperative
- experience working in an organic/biodynamic environment (desirable but not essential)
Our mission is to sow the seeds of a healthy and resilient organic food system that promotes diversity, democracy and a closer relationship with our food, and those who grow it. Please see https://seedcooperative.org.uk for more information about us.
We welcome applications from people with difficulties and disabilities and are happy to make adjustments to suit your requirements.
Salary in line with Agricultural Pay Scales. Flexible working arrangements. Do you think you have the skills to help? Please get in touch: email@example.com.